Review: iTop Screen Recorder:: If you are looking for an easy-to-use screen video recording software for your Windows PC, you will come across an iTop Screen Recorder. The Recorder has a highly intuitive interface; anyone can use it to record their screen without prior knowledge. An iTop Recorder is a versatile software that allows you to record screen, gameplay, audio, and voice. You can also record your webcam video along with the screen video.
The screen recorder is only available for Windows users. It originates with a free version where you can perform all recording activities. However, the free version adds a watermark, and you must purchase the Pro plan to remove the watermark. But the big query is, “How decent is it Recorder?” Or should I buy a better substitute?
Main Eye Of iTop Plotter
iTop Recorder is a feature-rich screen recorder that offers many options to record your screen according to your needs. Here are the main features of the screen recorder that you should know.
You can customize the recording area from full screen to a specific region and window according to your needs. You can also take screenshots if needed. The software can record videos at 1080p and 120 FPS.
- Record Audio – You can only record audio separately, which is helpful for voiceover audio, song recording, and musical instrument sound. You can only record system audio, which helps record podcasts and listen to stories.
- Record Gameplay – iTop Recorder is also suitable for recording your gameplay. You can play game audio and add your live commentary via the external microphone. Plus, you can add a webcam video to show your reaction live.
- Schedule Recording – If you opt for the premium version, you can schedule recording so that the software automatically starts recording your screen while you are away. It also automatically stops recording based on the set duration and saves the file for you to watch when you return.
- Customization – You can display mouse clicks and enable hardware acceleration. You can change video settings from resolution and frame rate to bit rate and file format. Moreover, you can set hotkeys for easy use with hotkeys. The package supports more than 12 file set-ups so you can play your recording on different devices.
- Video Editing – iTop Recorder has a built-in video editor that lets you add video filters, stickers, and images from your computer to your recording. You can also add background music and subtitles. Moreover, you can crop and export the video to save it on your computer.
Also Read: What Is FliXanity?
Download And Use iTop Screen Recorder
We have already mentioned that iTop Recorder is only available for Windows users. You can opt for iTop Recorder free download, but you should be aware of the limitations. First, the free version puts a watermark on your recording. File formats are limited, and the scheduled recording feature is not available. To overcome these limitations, you need to opt for the full version. Here are the steps to download and use the public understanding of iTop Recorder.
Step 1: Visit “recorder.itopvpn.com” in your web browser and click the “Free Download” key to download iTop Screen Recorder.
Step 2: Install the Recorder and launch the software. Choose the recording area according to your needs.
Step 3: Enable speaker, microphone, mouse effect, or webcam according to your preference.
Step 4: Prepare your screen for recording, and when you’re ready, click the Rec button. You’ll have a few seconds of buffer space before recording begins.
Step 5: To stop recording, click the Stop button at the bottom right corner of the widget.
Step 6: You will find your recording in the My Creations section. Click the edit icon to edit the video in the video editor.
Advantages And Disadvantages
Now let’s change to the dominant part of the iTop screen recorder review. Each paperless Recorder has strengths and weaknesses; you need to know them to evaluate the product correctly. Here are the advantages and disadvantages of the iTop Recorder.
- Record screen, game, and audio.
- Flexible recording area for screen recording.
- Edit video recordings, apply filters, and add stickers.
- Various keyboard shortcuts and multiple output formats.
- Take screenshots and record webcam videos.
- You can customize the watermark in the Pro version.
- You can schedule recording in the Pro version.
- It is only available for Windows.
- The free version makes no sense because of the watermark.
- There may be a lag when recording high-end games.
The iTop screen recorder is straightforward, but you need to opt for the Pro version to remove the watermark on your recording while using the free version. Instead of opting for the Pro version, you can opt for a professional video recorder.