Interview Questions & Answers for Web Development
As more people log on daily, the Internet’s influence on society is overgrowing. Approximately half of the world’s population—3.5 billion people—is online, making it imperative to meet people’s needs through digital channels. This has led to an increase in websites, estimated to be over 1.58 billion.
Graduate students from various backgrounds, including those outside of computer science, are becoming more interested in web development due to trends like these. Students constantly look for solutions such as web development courses in Bangalore, Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, and other places. Although many online providers for these courses exist, you must consider your future employment opportunities immediately.
In light of this, we’ve included some of the most popular interview questions for web development. Make careful to go over things and get more proficient in them.
Q1. How can the loading time of the website be shortened?
A1. If a website takes over three seconds to load, 53% of visitors depart. You need to take care of this as a result.
- deleting unused widgets,
- reduction of image size,
- limiting the number of redirects
Applicants give replies like “Choosing a superior hosting service.” You must, however, demonstrate how you can use your expertise to do that.
Q2. What benefits does HTTP 2.0 have over HTTP 1.1?
A2. Whereas HTTP 2.0 employs binary protocols, HTTP 1.1 uses text-based protocols. The following are some benefits of HTTP 2.0 over HTTP 1.1:
- Less Use of Bandwidth
- Greater Effectiveness
- Reduced Error Rate
- improved receptivity to components like white space and line ends.
Moreover, HTTP 2.0 aids in speeding up website loading times. Additionally, it aggressively pushes alerts into the client’s cache.
Q3. Why is Namespace Used in Web Development?
A3. One question, in particular, has been posed numerous times. A namespace can house a variety of different types of objects, variables, and methods. To put it simply, it is a global object. It is an alternative that has been provided to spare web developers from repeatedly declaring global variables.
Q4. Which essential form components enable media content in HTML5?
A4. HTML form elements are containers that let you show various input types on the front end. This can be done using checkboxes, radio buttons, and other UI elements. To support the media content, five important new form elements have been added to HTML5. Which are:
Q5. Why was Canvas added to HTML, and what purpose does it serve?
Q6. What do you consider to be a web developer’s main duties?
A6. This is a question that a savvy interviewer might ask to find out how much you understand about the position, but the real goal is to determine how far you are prepared to go. You express your willingness to perform all these duties by mentioning the work roles. Thus, be sure to think carefully before answering. The main duties expected of a web developer are outlined below, though.
- Creating websites, creating programs, testing those programs, and finding flaws.
- We are collaborating with the UI developer to create the website’s front end.
- We are uploading the webpages, locating reliable hosting options, and registering the domain with search engines.
- Take care of the website’s upkeep.
Q7. What distinguishes cookies from local storage?
A7. Here are a few important distinctions between local storage and cookies.
- Cookies are a group of data that can be access from the client and server sides. The local storage, however, can only be access by the client. Even sending requests for local storage is impossible for servers.
- Another distinction is that whereas local storage has no expiration date and must be manually destroyed, cookies are automatically wiped after a predetermined time.
- Alert: This simple alert popup box typically shows a cautionary message. On the other hand, it can also serve as a website navigational message. In this, there is only one OK button.
- Confirm: The Confirm popup box offers the alternatives OK and Cancel. This is employ when the user’s approval is require before moving forward.
- Prompt: The prompt lacks a dedicated button like the OK and cancel buttons. It solely depends on the user’s actions related to the website.
Q9. What distinguishes the terms “==” and “===”?
A9. As they focus primarily on the two types of equivalence operators, “=” and “==,” many students are perplexed by this subject. These two vary because “==” determines whether the value is the same. The “===” operator verifies both the type and the value.
For instance, a==b is true while a===b is false if the variables a and b are set to 131.
Q10. Have you browsed our website yet?
A10. Candidates can use this question as an on-the-spot case study. Highlighting the website of the recruiter’s both advantages and disadvantages can be beneficial in passing the interview. Remember, though, that you are not compel to point out errors merely. The business put a lot of effort into creating the website and will only consider honest criticism.
We are confident that you will be able to succeed in the interview if you practice these and other questions.
Also read: CRM Trends You Need to Know in 2023
Also read: Every business website should include the following five features.